Adding Secured Folders to a Virtual Directory
Posted by on 03 January 2013 04:31 AM
To enable secured folders for a Virtual Directory in WebSitePanel, follow these simple steps:
- Create a Virtual Directory
- Enable Directory Browsing on Virtual Directory (This is such that we don't receive a 403 forbidden error while testing. Without directory browsing, 403 forbidden error is shown when no default file is found after successful login -- which can be confusing but means everything went properly.)
- Switch ASP.NET to 4.0 Integrated (Integrated is required for secured folders)
- Turn on Secured Folders (this turns off integrated windows and turns off basic authentication automatically. It only leaves Anonymous authentication -- as it should be for Secured Folders.)
- Make a new Secured Folders Group, User, Folder, and assign the group to the virtual directory.