Microsoft Outlook 2003 Configuration
Posted by KB Editor on 18 April 2017 10:41 AM
Setting Up Microsoft Outlook 2003
This article assumes that you have already created an email address in cPanel or Plesk.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Select Tools and click on E-mail Accounts...
- Click Add an e-mail account under E-mail, and then click Next
- Select POP3 or IMAP under Server Type, and click Next
- Provide the following your User Information:
- Your Name: The name you want displayed during correspondence
- E-mail Address: The email address you created in cPanel
- Server Information: You can locate your incoming and outgoing POP3/IMAP server information using this article.
- Provider the following under Logon Information:
- User Name: The full email address (e.g. [email protected])
- Password: The password you created in cPanel and ensure that you do not select Log on using Secure Password Authentication(SPA)
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click More Settings
- Provide the following under Internet E-Mail Settings:
- Under Mail account on the General tab, type the name you want to use for the email account
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication on the Outgoing Server tab. Ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected
- Select This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming server (IMAP) or Incoming server (POP3) on the Advanced tab
- If you are using POP3 you can choose to keep a copy of your messages on the server or not by using the Leave a copy of your messages on the server setting under Delivery
- Click Next on the Internet E-mail Settings page
- Click Finish on the Congratulations page
- If you are using IMAP a message will prompt you to to download folders for the mail server. We recommend clicking Yes, and you can use the Microsoft Outlook interface to select which folders you want synchronize between your computer and the server, and then click OK.